May in Australia
The National Social Calendar in Australia this May 2013:
- Adelaide Cup Racing Carnival
- Kernewek Lowender (odd-numbered years)
- Richmond Harvest Festival
- Alice Springs Bangtail Muster
- Tennant Creek Cup Day
- Katherine Country Music Muster
- The Arafura Games (biennial sporting festival)
- Back to the never Never Festival (Mataranka)
Aussie Trivia Questions
- Culture: What is the Australian National Salute?
- Employment: What does a 'Drover' move from a farm to a port?
- Politics: In which month is the Federal election set to be held this year?
- Business: In which city is Barangaroo located?
- Slang: What kind of a marathon effort is involved in a 'bangaroo'?
- History: Which explorer named the Murray River in 1829?
- Geography: Including Tasmania, is Australia taller or wider than itself?
- Cooking: When making damper: do you use plain flour or self raising?
- Wildlife: What is the fastest land based animal?
- Culture: In which Aussie city was Expo 88 held?
- Economy: What natural resource is currently Australia's most profitable export?
- Geography: In 1862, explorer John McDouall Stuart crossed the continent from 'South to North' or from 'North to South'?
- Slang: What is a 'swag' in Australia?
- Politics: Who is the new 'contender' for Prime Minister in the next federal elections? / What is the name of his newly launched political party?
- Wildlife: Do people eat Scrub Turkey meat or Kangaroo meat or both?
- Cooking: In the process of making 'billy tea'.. when do you swing it?
- Slang: Is a 'drongo' very smart or not smart at all?
- Sport: How many Australian tennis players have won Wimbeldon?
- Business: What is the largest publicly traded company (by market capitalisation) listed on the ASX?
- Politics: Who is the current Australian Foreign Minister?
- Cooking: What type of food is a 'snag'?
- Slang: If someone tells you 'get off your bike.' What do they want you to do?
- Culture: In what Australian town is the 'Black Stump' located?
- Wildlife: Which is more dangerous - a salt water crocodile or a fresh water crocodile?
- Population: Typically, do people move to northern states to retire or do people move to southern states to retire (on the east coast)?
- Culture: What month is NAIDOC Week in?
- Politics: Who is the Australian 'Head of State'?
- Business: Which two family companies control news media?
- Economy: Name an asset sale either state or federal being proposed this government budget round?